Chapter Forty Seven: Week 13 Story - José and Enrique

 José lived in a small town where everyone knew each other. Contrary to what people may think, he actually like living in a small town, it gave him a sense of comfort. Well, he liked it most of the time. The con of living in a small town is that everyone knows each other, and they especially know Enrique. José hated Enrique but he didn’t know why. And the worst part was Enrique was such a great guy! He followed rules, but knew how to have fun and break loose. He was kind to literally every person he met and treated them like he has known them his entire life. He goes out of his way to help other people, and is the first to volunteer for anything. You would think Enrique was hiding something, but he most definitely wasn’t, right? José’s hatred for Enrique confused him. It made no sense whatsoever. Maybe he was jealous, or maybe he felt inferior in some way? It was possible, who could live up to Enrique? 

 

One day when José was going to fetch water for his mother, he noticed a sound from across the stream. It sounded like someone crying. José contemplated for a moment. Should he investigate the cry, or should he continue minding his business? His mother did always say “no te metas donde no te llaman” which basically means don’t get yourself involved in other people’s business. José decided it would be better to get the water and return home, but just as he was about to start walking he heard Enrique’s voice. He was praying. José couldn’t make out what Enrique was saying, but he knew it was bad enough to make him cry. José had never known that Enrique struggled. He always looked so happy. What José experienced that day changed his opinion on Enrique. He realized that regardless of the front that people put up, everyone has their own struggles, so it’s best that we treat them with respect and kindness, a lesson that Enrique knew all too well. 


*For this week’s story I was mostly inspired by Krishna’s character. After watching the Epified series, I knew that at some point there were some people who just did not like Krishna, regardless of how good of a person he was. For my story I wanted to add some sort of lesson, though, so I included the most cliché (but also most important in my opinion) lesson. 


The story my story is based off of is the Epified: Krishna series uploaded to YouTube by Epified 


(This image is titled Stream and was uploaded to Flickr by Oatsy40)


Comments

  1. Hey Kassy! I really enjoyed this story! One of my favorites things is that you included Spanish and also translated for the non -Spanish speakers as well. I am El salvadoran so that part was really cool to me and how you even phrased it in a way how a mom would really say it. I totally heard my moms voice when reading that part. I also really liked the wholesomeness of the story it is so relevant. Especially now a days when social media paints people as always happy and always perfect but we do not know what struggles they could be having. It just reminds people to be kind to one another <3 Great job and I hope to read more of your stories.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kassy! That story was very interesting to read! I also like that you added a good message to it. It may seem cliche, but what stories are perfectly original nowadays anyway? I think it was a great way to portray the difficulties Krishna had and how other characters who did not like Krishna may relate to him. I think there were a lot of instances where people could not sympathize with Krishna because of how special he was and giving Krishna a more human-like qualities make up for that. Great job !

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, great job on your blog and I love the layout of this page too. I loved how you picked the story that's modern but draws inspiration from a mythical character and backdrop. I would like to read more after you build on this story and preferably add more dialogues. The narration could also use a little work but creativity is on top!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts