Chapter Eight: Time Management Strategies

 As a lot of other people would say, I am a big procrastinator. I’ll take a lot of time to think about all the things I have to get done throughout the day/week and overwhelm myself so much that I don’t do any of it. It’s a big problem really. In this week’s last assignment we were tasked with reading about time management strategies. One post I read talked about recapturing your time. It mentioned how the first 15 minutes are crucial in making sure you know what needs to get done, but not overloading yourself. Then it talked about the “pruning season” which was a really cool analogy. And the last thing it mentioned was learning to say “No”. I loved this part because I also have a hard time saying no. I’ll often feel obligated to go somewhere with my friends because I don’t want them to go alone, but saying no is sometimes very necessary to get things done. The article is titled 3 Steps to recapture time.

The next article I read was How to beat procrastination. It’s like the article was written just for me! One of the tips that really resonated with me was to pre-commit publicly. This really works! When I know I have to get something done, I’ll tell my roommate about it because she always asks me how everything went with anything I tell her I’m going to do. For me, it would be really embarrassing if I told her I was going to do something and then I didn’t do it.

I thought this image was quite interesting. On Wikipedia, they mentioned that this was an Eisenhower box. It’s supposed to help evaluate importance and urgency. They mention that it is a good way to get tasks done. 

(Image from Wikipedia)


Comments

Popular Posts