Chapter Two: My Favorite Places

 If there is anything that 2020 has taught me, it’s that you can’t take anything for granted. That’s why when the world is okay again, I will be going to my favorite places: South Padre Island and Disney World. A little background on why these places are my favorite; they both allow me to sort of escape the real world. It’s kind of like a bubble. One is serene and isolated while the other is like a time machine that transports me to my childhood. 

This is a picture that I’m sure anyone can recognize. What’s amazing about the parks is that you have several to choose from. While I’m partial to Magic Kingdom, I really love spending time in Animal Kingdom: something I took for granted up until December.  (Source: Flickr)

This is South Padre Island. Many Spring Breakers know of this tiny island. I grew up not too far from here, so it was really easy to go to the beach quite often as a child, we did avoid it around March though. (Source: Wikimedia Commons)

Comments

  1. Oh, what a great combination, Kassy: Disney and Padre Island! I remember both of those from my childhood too, way back in the day. The whole idea of theme-parks inspired by stories is a storytelling idea you can use for this class too: maybe you can imagine what a theme park version of the Ramayana would be like when we start reading that epic. In fact... that made me curious, so I just had to Google... and I found a Ramayana theme park link :-)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts