Chapter Twelve: Topic Brainstorm

 I hope I am safely assuming that we will be writing over several different stories this semester. I like that idea. My inspiration came from the Epic Women Tell All story. I absolutely loved the idea of asking the women of the stories what their perspective was. Knowing their side of the story is just as important. I want to go along those same lines in that I want to bring a more modern take on hearing their stories. Instead of being on a show, I’d like to give them an internet platform, kind of like YouTube. These days that almost all anyone watches. They would each do their own video telling what they saw from their perspective, just like the Epic Women Tell All story. I loved how that story gave women a voice. 

 

I’d like to stick with the women’s perspective topic, but I also loved the CSI: Indian Epics concept. For this idea I’d like to play off of that in that someone would also get a book at their local library, but I’d like for the reader to be literally transported into the each of the women’s story. The reader would witness first hand what each woman experienced. Their presence would of course, have no impact on the outcome of the story. I want them to be there, but not really their at the same time. No one would see them and their commentary on the stories would not be heard. Sort of like Scrooge in A Christmas Carol. 

 

For the next topic I chose to use Sita: A Song of Valor as a guideline. I loved this story so much because its mapped out over time. It shows that a teacher never stops teaching their students. It reminded me A LOT of The Karate Kid, which is a movie I really love. I was thinking for my story I could do something along these lines. I would, of course, stick with the women’s side of the stories. My story would be more along the lines of a parent telling this story to their child as a bedtime story. I don’t think I would add the twist at the end like the author of Sita: A Song of Valor did, mostly because they did it so well and I only wanted to use this as a blueprint. 

 

For the last idea I’d like to build off the the second idea, but instead of the reader being omniscient, I’d like for the characters to be scientists who were raised on Indian Epic stories. They would have figured out the age old mystery of time travel, and the first thing they want to do is see if the stories their parents told them are true. Of course they find out that they are, but they get stuck and have to figure out how to get back to their own time. Everything they do disturbs the space-time continuum so they have to pick and choose which battles they decide to interfere in. Here’s the link for the CSI: Indian Epics story I kind of based this idea off of.

I liked this image because it reminds me of Frankenstein which was a really good story!
(This image is titled “Stories” by Elias Ruiz Montserrat at Creative Commons)

Comments

Popular Posts