Chapter Thirty Four: Week 8 Comments and Feedback

 I think that the feedback I’ve been getting personally is really good! I really like that there are different ideas because as one person with my own point of view, I don’t really know what other people are looking for, only what I’m would be looking for. I think the comments are substantial and incredibly helpful in bettering my writing.

The feedback I’ve been giving other people I think could maybe be a little better. The comments I’ve made lately have been my best attempt at giving feedback. I’m not the best writer, so I don’t really know what to look for in trying to better a story or anything along those lines. I just know when I’ve read something good and whether or not I liked it. More times than not, I like the story a lot and can’t find anything to make it “better” because the way it was written was great! I really am not the biggest fan of comments to make a project “better” because I don’t know what the author wanted to do with their piece. Maybe the way they wrote it is exactly how they wanted it written. 

I definitely think I get a sense of who people are based on what they write, and I really hope they see a little of who I am as well. If my project and stories say anything about me, I want them to say that I am someone who wants unheard voices heard, untold stories told, and injustices corrected. 

I have no problem with the comments I have received. I think they do a good job of telling me what others look for in a story but they also tell me that what I’ve written is creative and good. I like that because the comments are just suggestions. Once I want to write something different, I can utilize other people’s comments to create something new.

The infographic below is one I chose because I liked the message it had. It is something I try to base myself off of and live by. 

(The image is was adapted from Brene Brown’s book Daring Greatly, it’s titled Daring Greatly and was uploaded by my professor Laura Gibbs)



Comments

Popular Posts