Chapter Thirty: Reading Notes of The Mahabharata, Part C (PDE VERSION)

 Right from the beginning I love how vivid the imagery in the first paragraph of the story is. I can quite literally picture myself being right there in the middle of the beginning of the battle. I think the other did a really good job portraying what it was like right before the battle started. I can feel the tension in between each of the words and also the gravity of the situation that they’re in right now. 

The intensity of the battle continues when the author talks about how one warrior basically made it his mission to attack because of an advantage that the other side had. I really liked but the author showed the strength and courage that this war your head in the very first battle because I think it really sets the tone for the rest of the story. 

I also really liked how the author used almost an archaic kind of English for the dialogue between the characters. I call it archaic English because I have no better words for it it reminds me a lot of Shakespeare in that English that we don’t really use anymore so that’s why I call it archaic English.

What I liked most about this story was the feel of it. It reminded me a lot of Avengers: Endgame in the last battle against Thanos. There were lots of heroes throughout the battles and I think that that really adds to the almost chaotic environment that the battle was taking place in or caused. 

The story is titled The Battle Begins and was written by Donald A. Mackenzie.

(This image is titled The Beginning of the Battle of Kurukshetra and was uploaded to Flickr by Yadupati)


Comments

Popular Posts