Chapter Twenty Nine: Story Lab-Advice to Writers

 For this week's story lab, I read an interview with Diane Cook. What I really liked was that she spoke about how she struggles with creativity sometimes, which is what I find I struggle with sometimes as well. She mentioned that sometimes she can't get the story to develop as she'd like or she simply cannot sit down and write, which is what I call procrastination in my case. 

Her advice to writers was what stuck with me, she said to "write what you want to write". I don't know why I let something so simple seem so obscure. Of course writing won't be fun if you don't write what you want to write about. This is why I try really hard to look for something I can relate with in every story that we read. Diane also said that writers should relax and enjoy the process of writing, there should be no rush. I loved that. Writing can be such a beautiful thing that anyone can do if we just allow ourselves to be creative and write what comes to mind. We need to allow ourselves to write something down and then trash it. Not everything we write has to be 100% perfect the first time we write it. 

Here's a link to the interview with Diane Cook

(Image is titled Just Write and was uploaded by Sean MacEntee on Flickr)


Comments

Popular Posts