Chapter Thirty Three: Week 8 Reading and Writing

 So far this semester I’m pretty content with my writing. I’ve never had a class that didn’t care too much for proper comma placement or even grammar. While I typically like to write at least semi-correctly, if I wanted to write in a different style, I would feel totally welcome to do so. This class really encourages creativity, and in writing and reading these stories, I feel like I’ve tapped into a different type of creativity. My creative outlet is typically music, so writing is definitely a different experience. I’ve had a lot of fun so far in trying to rewrite the narrative. 

(Photo by DanaK~WaterPenny on Flickr)
This is probably my favorite photo that I’ve posted. I love how it looks like a child did this and has encouraging words on it. It helps me to remember that no matter how you think you did on something, someone will always congratulate you on it, even if it’s yourself. I try to remind myself that just getting through a project is a big accomplishment in itself, because as most people know, the world is really rough right now.

Looking Forward: I am really excited to give different perspectives to classic tales. I am a firm believer in shifting the perspective and making sure that people who don’t typically have voices are heard loud and clear. I hope that’s clear in my writing. Of course I would never want to trash on originals, those are classics for a reason, but I think a new narrative couldn’t hurt.       


Comments

Popular Posts